Doktor Avalanche is the name of evolving electronic drum machines that have fueled the majestic Sisters of Mercy over the years. Dexterous name; distinct sound.
I can’t say with any certainly that Andrew Eldritch would approve of all the bands on this mix (probably not), but it’s a mix of songs with drum machines that I work to when in front of a computer. I know there are drum machines behind everyone from Prince to Wesley Willis, but when working I tend to play songs with a similar, electronic sound. I tried to include different sounds and approaches here within that theme, and avoided a more dark/heavy electronic mix, though there is some of that on here. I also tried to include different bands so steered away from my all-time favorites as much as possible, purposefully leaving off Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, KMFDM, Depeche Mode, etc., but cheated a bit by adding Revolting Cocks and Download. I included another all-time favorite, the Sisters, on there because I like the name of the mix.
As always, if you like a band, please download their songs and see their shows and otherwise support their efforts if you can. Enjoy!
- TKM – Sub Swara
- Flesh (Original) – A Split-Second
- The Collapse – Flesh Field
- Ghostwriter – RJD2
- Dead End Streets (86 Mixxx) – Revolting Cocks
- Phantasmata – CunninLynguists
- Dial8 – Velvet Acid Christ
- The Acension – Mnolo
- Final Home (Piano Mix) – DJ Krush featuring Esthero
- Transient – Glen Porter
- Death Vest 09 – Enduser
- The Great Divide – Die Krupps
- Glory Box – Portishead
- Human Crossing – Project Pitchfork
- The Open Hand Avows – Daedelus
- Firing Line – Noise Unit
- Glassblower – Download
- Poison Door – Sisters of Mercy
- Narcisse – Martin Rev