Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:37:23 — 133.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
It had to happen, as it does just about everywhere this time of year: a year-in-review show. I’ve been through several iterations of this mix with a few different approaches to get to here. It’s been difficult. I thought about highlighting music that I discovered this year, not necessarily stuff that came out this year, but anything I discovered you’ve heard in the previous episodes. We also got in about another 43 shows of Radio Gen1us this year, which is huge.
So I decided to highlight songs you’ve not heard (probably) on albums that came out this year:
- Zeroes – They Might Be Giants (Here Come the 123’s)
- Foux du Fafa – Flight of the Conchords (Self-Titled)
- Playing Along – Keane (Perfect Symmetry)
- Moonland – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!)
- Melt My Heart to Stone – Adele (19)
- Underneath the Stars – The Cure (4:13 Dream)
- 18 Ghosts II – Nine Inch Nails (Ghosts I-IV)
- I Want You – Kings of Leon (Only By The Night)
- Lights Out – Santogold (Self-Titled)
- You Wouldn’t Lie to Me – Sleep Out (Not Even Dust)
- Music Moves My Feet – Liam Finn (I’ll Be Lightning)
- Volcano – Beck (Modern Guilt)
- The Rip – Portishead (Third)
- Demon Seed – Nine Inch Nails (The Slip)
- They Gave You A Heart, They Gave You A Name – Ladytron (Velocifero)
- Who’s Gonna Save My Soul – Gnarls Barkley (The Odd Couple)
- Rising Up – The Roots (Rising Down)
- Still Here – Girl Talk (Feed the Animals)
- 33 Degree – Thievery Corporation (Radio Retaliation)
- Electronic Battle Weapon 04 – The Chemical Brothers (Brotherhood)
2 thoughts on “#0072 – 2008 In Repose”
This is one of the best mixes I’ve heard in a while. Zeroes is a good jump-off point, as I see that on morning TV quite often, along with all the kid shows we watch. But everything else was new to my ears. I don’t think there was a song on here I didn’t like. This one will be on the play list.
Well done laddy!
You had me at Zeroes… You had me… at Zeroes…
Comments are closed.