Alright. It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. I have a few in the works, an alt-country mix, a show about great drumming performances, some others. But they are still unformed. Today I had an epiphany. I just want to rock your faces off, that’s all.
So I put together this mix. There are no clever audio clips and there’s not a lot of bullshit from me either. Just 15 tracks of rock and roll, from classic rock to indie bombast to power pop to punk rock. This is the kind of stuff that makes mice explode.
- The Hold Steady – Stevie Nix
- Lucero – What Else Would You Have Me Be
- The Rolling Stones – Bitch
- Led Zeppelin – Good Times Bad Times
- Styx – Born For Adventure
- Queen – One Vision
- AC/DC – Highway To Hell
- The Pursuit Of Happiness – I’m An Adult Now
- Ted Leo & the Pharmacists – Timorous Me
- Superchunk – Seed Toss
- Andrew Vincent and the Pirates – Ladies, Ladies, Ladies (Houseboat)
- The Replacements – Gary’s Got A Boner
- New York Dolls – Personality Crisis
- Cloak, Dagger – Bended Knee
- Death – Politicians in My Eyes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (84.3MB)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (93.9MB)
“People with RLS feel uncomfortable sensations in their legs, especially when sitting or lying down, accompanied by an irresistible urge to move about.” Like they got ants in their pants and they just gotta dance? “…often described by people as burning, creeping, tugging, or like insects crawling inside the legs.” So, that’s a yes.
Am I really going to mock what I’m sure is a severely inconvenient affliction, just for a title for this post? Of course not. Well, maybe a bit.
These are the kinds of songs that interface directly with your nervous system. Prepare for a case of happy feet.
- Andrew Vincent and the Pirates – Bahamas
- Glittertind – Flaumen Gar, I Norge er Var
- OOIOO – uma
- Cloak/Dagger – JC Pays the Bills
- Thomas Dolby – The Key to Her Ferrari
- The Mountain Goats – Palmcorder Yajna
- The Thermals – Pillar of Salt
- The Slackers – Peculiar
- Clutch – 10,000 Witnesses
- Primus – Mr. Knowitall
- Return to Forever – Sofistifunk
- The Cure – Why Can’t I Be You
- Les Savy Fav – Dishonest Dan, Pt. 2
- The Dismemberment Plan – Girl O’Clock
- The Buzzcocks – Oh Shit
- Mojo Nixon – Girlfriend in a Coma
- Gitfiddle Jim – Paddlin’ Madeline blues
- The Big Bopper – Chantilly Lace
- Bad Brains – I Against I
- Fishbone – Housework
note: there’s a bit of a glitch in the Mojo Nixon track and I apologize for that. Also, I’ll work on getting my voice levels higher for the next one.