At first I thought I’d split this into two mixes, but after listening to it, 90 minutes is perfect for this set of songs; it just took on a life of it’s own. There’s a lot of newer stuff on here, with some classics tossed in for depth. I don’t talk on it, partly for length but also partly because I think the heavy mixes sound better with no voice on them. I might change my mind back, but that’s where I stand on this controversial issue for now.
This playlist goes out to my buddy D. Heeter and is thus named – thanks for all your help and your friendship over the last few years man.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:29:16 — 163.4MB)
Subscribe: Android |
- Clutch – Mice and Gods
- Black Label Society – World of Trouble
- Austrian Death Machine – Hello California / Get to the Choppa!
- Icepick – Born to Crush You
- Ramallah – Ramallah
- Pro Pain – Where We Stand
- Where Fear and Weapons Meet – Under the Bridge
- Blood for Blood – Maldito
- Puya – Oasis
- Born of Osiris – Bow Down
- Hatebreed – Betrayed by Life
- Madball – Show No Fear
- Cavalera Conspiracy – Hearts of Darkness
- Nailbomb – Sh*t Pinata / For F*ck’s Sake
- If Hope Dies – Anthem for the Unemployable
- Where Fear and Weapons Meet – Not a Trend
- Since the Flood – I Am What I Am
- Deftones – 7 Words
- Motorhead – Buried Alive
- Clutch – The Mob Goes Wild
- Disfear – Get it Off
- Throwdown – S.C.U.M.
- Primer 55 – Bullsh*t
- Gojira – Vacuity
- Down – Bury Me in Smoke
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (93.9MB)
Subscribe: Android |
“People with RLS feel uncomfortable sensations in their legs, especially when sitting or lying down, accompanied by an irresistible urge to move about.” Like they got ants in their pants and they just gotta dance? “…often described by people as burning, creeping, tugging, or like insects crawling inside the legs.” So, that’s a yes.
Am I really going to mock what I’m sure is a severely inconvenient affliction, just for a title for this post? Of course not. Well, maybe a bit.
These are the kinds of songs that interface directly with your nervous system. Prepare for a case of happy feet.
- Andrew Vincent and the Pirates – Bahamas
- Glittertind – Flaumen Gar, I Norge er Var
- OOIOO – uma
- Cloak/Dagger – JC Pays the Bills
- Thomas Dolby – The Key to Her Ferrari
- The Mountain Goats – Palmcorder Yajna
- The Thermals – Pillar of Salt
- The Slackers – Peculiar
- Clutch – 10,000 Witnesses
- Primus – Mr. Knowitall
- Return to Forever – Sofistifunk
- The Cure – Why Can’t I Be You
- Les Savy Fav – Dishonest Dan, Pt. 2
- The Dismemberment Plan – Girl O’Clock
- The Buzzcocks – Oh Shit
- Mojo Nixon – Girlfriend in a Coma
- Gitfiddle Jim – Paddlin’ Madeline blues
- The Big Bopper – Chantilly Lace
- Bad Brains – I Against I
- Fishbone – Housework
note: there’s a bit of a glitch in the Mojo Nixon track and I apologize for that. Also, I’ll work on getting my voice levels higher for the next one.