Podcast: Play in new window | Download (108.6MB)
Archaeological evidence dates domesticated dogs living with Native Americans at least 14,000 years ago. I suspect one day they’ll find evidence going back a lot further. Just a hunch. But until then, here’s to 14,000 years of friendship!
This mix has a special bonus track for dogs (or just people who like frog calls). Play the track for your dog and you should see an interesting reaction.
- Lassie Come Home Trailer (1943)
- Snoopy vs. The Red Baron – Royal Guardsmen
- Canis lupus – The Aquabats
- Slow Dog – Belly
- Jesse – Paw
- George Carlin, from Carlin on Campus
- How Much is that Doggie in the Window – The Baja Marimba Band
- The Underdog – Spoon
- Do the Dog – The Specials
- MItch Fatel
- Dog House – The Legendary Hucklebucks
- Hound Dog – Big Mama Thornton
- Dirty Old Egg-Suckin’ Hound – Johnny Cash
- Brian Regan
- Dog Years – Rush
- Dogs and Chaplains – The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Cheech & Chong
- Fido, Your Leash is too Long – The Magnetic Fields
- Move It On Over – Hank Williams
- Bad Day – Samiam
- George Carlin, from On the Road
- Pauly the Dog – Agnostic Front
- Old King – Neil Young
- 10 Dead Dogs – Wild Sweet Orange
- Every Dog Has Its Day – Flogging Molly
- Stray – Fetchin Bones
- I Wanna Be a Drug-Sniffing Dog – Lard
- SPECIAL BONUS TRACK FOR DOGS
NOTE: I have a hardware issue I’m working on but until then the drive crunches a bit and so there are a few glitches here and there throughout the mix, but nothing Earth-shattering. If I wait until I fix the problem it will be months before this mix is released, so just releasing as is. It’s not that bad.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (93.4MB)
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOGGIE! Another country mix. We all pretty much blew our minds out with our last batch of mixes, so with Kevin’s last mix of covers and this country mix, you can probably tell that we’ve taken a breather before we work up the next bouillabaisse of pure unadulterated awesomeness. In other news, we’ve got some ideas to get this podcast thingy more involved. Details are forthcoming but if you like the shows, you’re going to love what we’re cooking up for June.
In the meantime, keep your 10-10 on the side and watch out for those Illinois Gumball Machines.
- Hank Williams (Sr.) – Jambalaya
- Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs – Superfreak
- Alan Jackson – Chattahoochee
- Sawyer Brown – Some Girls Do
- Alabama – I’m in a Hurry (And Don’t Know Why)
- Restless Heart – Wheels
- Clint Black – Nothin’ but the Taillights
- George Strait – Amarillo by Morning
- Supersuckers – Eastbound & Down
- Travis Tritt – T-R-O-U-B-L-E
- Waylon Jennings – Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys
- Mickey Gilley – Don’t the Girls All Get Prettier at Closing Time?
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – Cadillac Ranch
- Oak Ridge Boys – Elvira
- Brooks & Dunn – My Maria
- Diamond Rio – Meet in the Middle
- Kenny Rogers – Don’t Fall in Love With a Dreamer
- Johnny Cash – I’m On Fire
- Hank Williams, Jr. – Family Tradition
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (68.7MB)
We come back from our Lollapalooza hiatus refreshed, rested and wound a bit down this week with a nice, down-home mix of country goodies brought to you by some nice folks like B.J. Thomas, Eddie Rabbitt, Toby Keith, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash and June Carter, Tammy Wynette, Hank Williams (and Hank Jr.!), kenny Rogers, George Jones, Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart, Dixie Chicks, C.W. McCall, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Jerry Reed, Johnny Paycheck, Confederate Railroad, Willie Nelson and friends and Johnny Lee. Sit a spell, y’all.
Continue reading “#0011 – File under: Country”