Our friend Steve Flowers was kind enough to drop by to talk about a whole lot of things: organizational change, digital solutions, Tin Can, and — most significantly — establishing a library of design patterns for instructional design. If you want to talk more with him, contact him (@xpconcept) on Twitter or head on over to one of our new favorite blogs, androidgogy, which just happens to be written by him.
Brian drank St. Arnold’s Homefront IPA.
Judy drank Ten-Penny by Rogue (and Nike).
Steve drank tea.
- Storyline for Starters
- Slideshow on the Life of a Digital Solution
- Design Formations
- Gloria Ghery’s Electronic Performance Support Systems
- Allison Rosset’s Job Aids and Performance Support
- Getting to Know Project Tin Can (to which Steve makes some great additions in the comments)
- “Design Readings” on Learnlets by Clark Quinn
- Julie Dirksen’s Expanded Inspiration Bookshelf
- Ellen Wagner on Secret Handshakes of Instructional Design
- More on Steve and his work
- USCG HPT Workshop