This is a chill mix.
This is not a chillout mix.
This is a journey from light to dark and light again, in the vein of last year’s mix for staring out of train windows, only this time there isn’t a train, there’s just you and the music and a dark place inside yourself.
shoegazy postmetally triphoppy doomy twangy weirdness. It’s downtempo but it ought to keep your attention
- Grateful Dead – Box of Rain
- My Bloody Valentine – When You Sleep
- Massive Attack – Inertia Creeps
- Pink Reason – Up The Sleeve
- Unbunny – Let It All Burn
- Shawn Lee & Clutchy Hopkins – Bad Influence
- Dear Astronaut – Never-Ending Nosebleed
- Isis – In Fiction
- Rocky Votolato – Where We Left Off
- Salem – Dirt
- God Is An Astronaut – Suicide By Star
- Lou Reed – Perfect Day
- Sly and the Family Stone – Spaced Cowboy
- Fishbone – No Fear
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:11 — 94.4MB)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:21:45 — 112.3MB)
…in which I take you on a trip… through the mind, inner space and time itself. In the past few weeks, I’ve had the good fortune of recovering some first blog entries going back to 2003 where Suzy and I took a long-delayed honeymoon to Amsterdam for two glorious weeks. I could regale you with my writings forever, but instead, let us take the quest to enlightenment, self-discovery as we travel through giddiness, joy, peace, love, bemusement, reflection, questioning, anxiety, paranoia, panic, anger, badassery and ultimately resolution — the kind that generally leads to three grand slam breakfast skillets at Denny’s around 2am and about 13 boxes of Nerds.
This extra-special mix includes:
- Electric Light Orchestra – I’m Alive
- Elmore James – Hawaiian Boogie
- Poi Dog Pondering – Living With the Dreaming Body
- VHS or Beta – Heaven
- Duran Duran – New Moon on Monday
- The Verve – Sonnet
- The High Llamas – Painters Paint
- The Clash – Lost in the Supermarket
- Gordon Lightfoot – If You Could Read My Mind
- Lou Reed – How Do You Think It Feels
- The Police – Does Everyone Stare?
- Soul Coughing – True Dreams of Witchita
- Super Furry Animals – Run! Christian, Run!
- Grandaddy – A.M. 180
- Godspeed You Black Emperor! – Kicking Horse on Broken Hill
- Shriekback – The Reptiles and I
- System of a Down – X
- Cypress Hill – Cock the Hammer
- Danger Mouse – What More Can I Say? (Jay Z / Beatles Mashup)
- The White Stripes – Your Southern Can Is Mine
- Queen – All Dead, All Dead
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:02:04 — 85.2MB)
Welcome back, friends and loyal listeners. Apologies for the delay. Today we bring you a solid hour of hits by bitter, drunken slobs — which would’ve made sense had it come out when you were all hungover on New Year’s Day. Music provided to you by the talents of Kaiser Chiefs, The Smiths, New Order, Lou Reed, Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr., Meat Loaf, The Pixies, The New Pornographers, Van Halen, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead and Eminem. You guys enjoy this bouncy mix about miserable souls.
By the way, if you notice the audio quality is better, please give me a shout out. I’ve spent some time over this break experimenting with Audacity and Audio Hijack Pro to improve the voiceover and the music mastering for the mix down.
- Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict a Riot
- The Smiths – Bigmouth Strikes Again
- New Order – Love Vigilantes
- Lou Reed – Satellite of Love
- Kid Rock – Drunk in the Morning
- Hank Williams, Jr. – Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
- Meat Loaf – Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad
- The Pixies – Here Comes Your Man
- The New Pornographers – All the Old Showstoppers
- Van Halen – Take Your Whiskey Home
- The Rolling Stones – Street Fighting Man
- Led Zeppelin – Your Time is Gonna Come
- Motörhead – Ace of Spades
- Supersuckers – Jailbreak (live)
- Eminem – Kill You
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (0.0KB)
With Might & Main – Weeks of endless contract work and regular work combined have kept me hammering away at the computer while ITunes plays aimlessly. This mix pulls out the songs that stuck out to me during that time and then provided a good mix while I worked up through Christmas. This steady, dependable flow of songs includes ABBA, The Epoxies, The Dead Milkmen, Shane MacGowan & The Popes, Limpopo, Peter Tosh, James Ray and Gangwar, The Brandos, Love Tractor, Tracy Chapman, Flogging Molly, L7, Down, KMFDM, Patti Smith, and Lou Reed. Perfect to pass the time during hard labor.