Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:25:50 — 78.6MB)
It’s only been since, like, April since I did one of these things. I’m frankly amazed I remembered the password after all this time.
What follows is a non-stop mix of some of my favorite tracks that came out in 2010. It’s kinda dance-y. I figured you all might like to party. It sobers up a bit toward the end, but I leave you wanting another sip.
My resolution for 2011: Execution. If I stick to that, it means more time with friends and family, and taking care of my peeps — giving you good music that gets you through a hard day of keeping it real.
Stay thirsty my friends. I have some thoughts brewing on a playlist around Design Thinking. I’m hoping to at least post one mix a month. I think that’s a reasonable goal, don’t you?
- The Chemical Brothers – “Dissolve” 06:15
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross – “In Motion” 04:31
- Daft Punk – “TRON Legacy (End Titles)” 03:08
- Janelle Monáe – “Dance Or Die (Feat. Saul Williams)” 03:03
- M.I.A. – “Xxxo” 02:48
- Nas & Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley – “As We Enter” 02:49
- OK Go – “End Love” 03:53
- Metric – “Black Sheep” 04:53
- Goldfrapp – “Rocket” 03:42
- Ladytron – “Ace of Hz” 03:14
- Groove Armada – “Paper Romance (White Light Version)” 06:21
- Flo Rida – “Club Can’t Handle Me (feat. David Guetta)” 03:38
- Kanye West – “Lost In The World [Explicit]” 04:07
- Pharrell – “Fun, Fun, Fun” 03:32
- Crowded House – “Saturday Sun” 03:16
- Vampire Weekend – “Run” 03:43
- Arcade Fire – “Ready To Start” 04:07
- Crowded House – “Turn It Around” 03:55
- The National – “Bloodbuzz Ohio” 04:26
- Broken Bells – “The High Road” 03:45
- Ted Leo and the Pharmacists – “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” 04:04
- J Roddy Walston and the Business – “Don’t Break the Needle” 03:30
Our first discussion format show includes tracks by High on Fire, Gil Scott-Heron, The Editors, OK Go, Motorpsycho, Notorious B.I.G. and The Urge. You’ll like it!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:06:45 — 91.7MB)
We’ve started a new format on Radio Gen1us. We’re not ditching our mixtapes — but we’re trying to be a bit more regular about podcasting. Quite frankly, doing a discussion format is a lot easier to do, and it’s a bit more timely. So if you’re jonesing for some nerd-out over music, then you’ll like this.
We’ve also consolidated our categories on the blog to channels. Mixtapes is one, Music Discussion another (this means there may be other channels to come, eventually).
In the meantime, Jim and I had a lot of fun doing this show. We’re definitely going to do this more often (likely every other week) and still, sporadically put out playlists. So if you like this, please give us some comment love and let us know what you think. We’re always interested in having others participate and with this format, it’s really really easy to Skype in and rock out.
Music featured on our show today includes:
- High on Fire – Fire, Flood & Plague
- Gil Scott-Heron – New York is Killing Me
- The Editors – Papillon
- OK Go – End Love
- Motorpsycho – Mr. Victim
- Notorious B.I.G. – Juicy
- The Urge – Closer