DJ Scott: It’s always 4:20 on Radio Gen1us, and this week I’m bringing you some songs that are under the influence. I know that there are some glaring snubs like Gunz ‘n Roses’ Mr. Brownstone, but I couldn’t DARE leave out deserving artists like Green Jello, could I? COULD I? This playlist covers a lot of ground, from the ridiculous to the ridiculously awesome.
Light up, listen up, and leave some feedback, dammit.
Tracklist (click a song title to buy the high quality, DRM-free MP3 from Amazon):
- Drugs Have Done Good Things – Bill Hicks
- Mary Jane – Rick James
- Because I Got High 2007 – Afroman
- Smoke Two Joints – Richard Cheese
- Hits From The Bong – Cypress Hill
- White Rabbit – Jefferson Airplane
- Magic Medicine – Incubus
- Trippin’ On XTC – Green Jello
- Cocaine Blues (Live) – Johnny Cash
- Tell It To Me – Old Crow Medicine Show
- Cocaine – Eric Clapton
- Cocaine – Bob Dylan
- The Needle And The Spoon – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Golden Brown – The Stranglers
- Chinese Rock – The Ramones
- Junkhead – Alice in Chains
- The Slow Drug – PJ Harvey
- I Want A New Drug – Huey Lewis & The News
Listener Problems Sought!
I’ll be providing boundless wisdom and brilliant advice in my future Dear DJ mix. I need you to send me your problems, so that I can address them in words and, more importantly, in song. I liked the Long Distance Dedications mix so much, that I thought this would be fun. Your problems can be real, fictional, serious, funny, first-person, third-person, anonymous, whatever. Just send them over to me at email@example.com and I’ll turn your life around. Please make your letters similar to the Dear Abby style, but maybe less wordy. Several examples can be found here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2005/03/25/LI2005032502583.html