Melancholy is this show’s theme. More precisely, how music moves me from feeling melancholy to feeling more upbeat. We all feel melancholy from time to time, for many different reasons. Lost or unrequited love, loss of a dream, even a rainy day. whatever the reason we have all been there.
When I feel melancholy I like to first live with it for a while, then listen to songs that sweep the melancholy away.
Move from feeling melancholy to . . .well. . . better
1. The Who – Melancholia
2. Neil Young – Birds
3. Patty Loveless – Sorrowful Angels
4. Bob Dylan – Simple Twist of Fate
5. Ray Charles – A Fool for you
6. The Doors – The Changeling
7. Rolling Stones – Rocks Off
8. Steve Earl – Galway Girl
9. The Grateful Dead – Scarlet Begonias
10. The Allman Brothers – Blue Sky
11. The Ramones – California Sun