Guest DJ Scott: I don’t know about you, but the long distance dedications made me sick to my stomach. Except for the one to Kevin. That was sweet. Valentine’s Day is really about pain and loathing. I’m talking about unrequited love, unending regret, burning jealousy. In this playlist, we’ll celebrate life’s tragedies.
So cuddle up with your favorite woobie, grab a box of Kleenex, and listen to some of my favorite agonizing tunes.
Tracklist (click a song title to buy the high quality, DRM-free MP3 from Amazon):
- Everything Happens To Me – Chet Baker
- It Makes No Difference – The Band
- Wild World – Cat Stevens
- Cheers Darlin’ – Damien Rice
- I Don’t Believe In The Sun – The Magnetic Fields
- For No One – The Beatles
- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart? – Al Green
- Crying – Roy Orbison
- One Of My Turns – Pink Floyd
- Tell Me A Lie – Griffin House
- Doorsteps – Lodger
- Promising Light (Album) – Iron & Wine
- Red-faced & Blue – A Victimless Crime