“Not with a whisper, but with a bang.” Heavily inspired by the post-punk sounds included in the oeuvre of director Richard Kelley in movies such as Donnie Darko and Southland Tales, this mix goes wonderfully dark without being frightening. This is a playlist I like to bike long-distances to, imagining I ride towards destiny.
- Echo and the Bunnymen – The Killing Moon
- Pet Shop Boys – West End Girls
- INXS – Never Tear Us Apart
- The Pixies – Wave of Mutilation
- Tears for Fears – Head Over Heels
- Depeche Mode – Walking in My Shoes
- Curve – Horror Head
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – Cities in Dust
- Moby – Chord Sounds
- The Cure – Fascination Street
- Thom Yorke – Black Swan
- Roxy Music – More Than This
- The Church – Under the Milky Way
- Peter Murphy – Cuts You Up
- Wang Chung – To Live And Die In L.A.
- Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
- The Killers – All These Things That I’ve Done
Also folks — only two weeks left to get your mixes in for our first Iron Deejay competition. All contestants receive a free copy of Audacity software for your Mac or PC.