In his first Fireside Chat, FDR closed his remarks on the Banking Crisis in 1933 with this:
“…there is an element in the readjustment of our financial system more important than currency, more important than gold, and that is the confidence of the people. Confidence and courage are the essentials of success in carrying out our plan. You people must have faith; you must not be stampeded by rumors or guesses. Let us unite in banishing fear. We have provided the machinery to restore our financial system; it is up to you to support and make it work.
It is your problem no less than it is mine. Together we cannot fail.”
To hear FDR actually deliver it, check it out here. Otherwise, buck up, campers. Radio Gen1us is back. We’re not going anywhere and together, rocking out, mano in mano, we’ll get through this shitty shitstorm of shit. So let’s rock out a bit.
- Dollars and Sesne – Bob Dorough & Friends
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancing – Scissor Sisters
- Step On – Happy Mondays
- Blue Jean – David Bowie
- Baby, Hold On – Eddie Money
- For a Few Dollars More – Ennio Morricone & Terranova
- Newjack – Justice
- Forever – Walter Meego
- El Movimiento – Alla
- Money (In God We Trust) – Extreme
- Big Fat Money – Van Halen
- Faith – Limp Bizkit
- Daytime Dilemma (Dangers of Love) – The Ramones
- Halloween Parade – Sleep Out
- William, It Was Really Nothing – The Smiths
- Transmission – Joy Division
- With Plenty of Money and You – Tony Bennett & Count Basie
- Mo Money Mo Problems – The Notorious B.I.G.
- Straight Out the Jungle – Jungle Brothers
- Debra – Beck