It was brought to my attention though that on a few of these, the original songs may be less well known, so I’ve created a second mix containing the same playlist in the same order, but all original songs rather than the cover versions.
01. Turisas – Rasputin (Boney M)
02. Van Canto – Kings of Metal (Manowar)
03. Dinosaur Jr. – Just Like Heaven (The Cure)
04. Melvins – Going Blind (KISS)
05. Apocalyptica – Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Metallica)
06. Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy – Puff The Magic Dragon (Peter Paul and Mary)
07. The English Beat – Tears of a Clown (Smokey Robinson and the Miracles)
08. Fishbone – Date Rape (Sublime)
09. Reel Big Fish – Hungry Like The Wolf (Duran Duran)
10. The Meat Purveyors – Round and Round (Ratt)
11. Iron Horse – Polar Opposites (Modest Mouse)
12. Lucero – Kiss The Bottle (Jawbreaker)
13. Ramones – Needles and Pins (The Searchers)
14. Seu Jorge – Five Years (David Bowie)
15. The Slackers – Wanted Dead Or Alive (Bon Jovi)
16. Five Iron Frenzy – It’s Not Unusual (Tom Jones)
17. The Urge – This Is Radio Clash (The Clash)
18. The Protomen – No Easy Way Out (Robert Tepper)
…in which I take you on a sonic adventure through the beginning, end, and aftermath of a trainwreck relationship. No one relationship in particular, I’ve been married so long I don’t remember any others, really. 🙂 But this is a mix that not only progresses through a series of moods but which also purports to tell a story. I hope you enjoy it.
I’ll be out of town for the weekend with little or no internet access. Hopefully when I get back I will have a whole bunch of Iron DJ entries to listen to!
ELO – I’m Alive
Pulp – Disco 2000
Matthew Sweet – I’ve Been Waiting
Stevie Wonder – I Believe
Iggy Pop – Some Weird Sin
Bill Withers – Who Is He And What Is He To You?
…And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – Relative Ways
“People with RLS feel uncomfortable sensations in their legs, especially when sitting or lying down, accompanied by an irresistible urge to move about.” Like they got ants in their pants and they just gotta dance? “…often described by people as burning, creeping, tugging, or like insects crawling inside the legs.” So, that’s a yes.
Am I really going to mock what I’m sure is a severely inconvenient affliction, just for a title for this post? Of course not. Well, maybe a bit.