Podcast: Play in new window | Download (105.5MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Judy talked and drank with Kris Rockwell and Reuben Tozman, and it was pretty much like this (thanks, Kris).
We talked about the parallel evolution of humans and technology, innovations in learning, HTML5, Tin Can, mlearning, gaming, gamification, and some of the new cliches of the learning world, including The Matrix and Captain Sully.
It was a conversation that could have gone on for hours (and particularly if we hadn’t kept getting interrupted by kid stuff), so we plan to record again soon with these guys.
Judy drank Little Sumpin’ Wild from Lagunitas
Reuben drank Woodford Bourbon
Kris drank Johnny Walker Blue
- Learning on Demand by Reuben Tozman
- The Rise and Fall of eLearning by Reuben Tozman and Kris Rockwell
- Reuben’s blog posts on ASTD.org
- The Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom
- Rand McNally Launches “Play the Election” Digital Learning Game for Students – Kris’s company gets mentioned in the New York Times
- Reality is Broken by Jane McGonigal
- Peacemaker by Impact Games
- Games for Change
- A Theory of Fun for Game Design by Ralph Koster
- Something else we like about learning how to play a game through playing it – Two Universes by Michael Lopp
- Smithsonian presentation on mobile in museums
5 thoughts on “#21 – We Got Your Buzz Words Right Here”
Was pretty much shouting “Yes, AND” through this whole thing…
LOL! Yes, did you hear Skype pinging in the background, along with parrots screeching and kids falling out of bed? That was me doing the same. Perhaps this conversation continues at DevLearn, with you too…?
Thanks for the kind words about my Scapes exhibit! (@~27:00). Per Judy’s request, here is the link to the video that Nancy Proctor (from Smithsonian) played in her presentation about mobile in museums: https://vimeo.com/halsey/scapes
Thank you so much, Nancy! We’ll add it to the links.
Comments are closed.